Interested in applying for a Student Assistant Job?
Here's what you do next -
Applying for a UA Student Assistant position is simple. If you are a UA student enrolled in a degree-granting program and are registered for at least half-time enrollment for this semester (go to Eligibility for more details), you just need to follow these easy steps:
- Get a digital copy of your resume and cover letter ready. Be sure to proofread! Don't have a resume or cover letter? Go to Student Resources for tips to get started.)
- Click on the Student Assistant link at right.
- Click on Student Assistant Jobs from menu on left. You are now at the Online Faculty and Student Recruitment Jobsite.
- Click the Create Application link at left, and then follow the directions to create your application. Remember, this application is your personal profile, and will be attached to all UA Student Assistant jobs you apply for. Be sure the information you enter is accurate.
- Click on the Search Postings link on the left. Under Position Type, select Student, then click the search button. You can now browse all the Student Assistant jobs currently available.
- For more information on a Student Assistant job, click View under any job posting you have selected. Review all job details including hiring organization, job location, duties, required qualifications, application deadlines, etc.
- If you feel you qualify and are interested in applying, click Apply to this Posting button on top of page. Review your personal information, employment history, and reference information. Then scroll to bottom of page to click Continue with this Data.
- Carefully complete all required information for the job posting, including all specific job-related questions. Be accurate - this is the information the hiring manager will use to select applicants for an interview. Check the Certify and Submit box and the Submit this Application button.
- Add any Required Documents with your application by clicking the Attach, then follow directions to attach or paste the document. Most required documents (noted with a *) typically include resume, cover letter, and class schedule. You will not be able to move forward until you attach all required documents. If needed, you can choose to Attach Documents Later, then complete the application at a later time.
- Add any Optional Documents if you choose. Be sure that all your documents are correct, then click Finished Attaching Documents, then click Yes. Once you click this button, you will not be able to attach any further documents to your application for this position.
- Once you have completed the application and attaching documents, you will receive a confirmation number, and a message indicating if you meet the minimum requirements for the position. Be sure to note your confirmation number.
- Congratulations! You have completed the Student Assistant job application process. Your application has been sent to the hiring department for review. You will be contacted by the hiring manager if selected for an interview.
- At Your UA Job Search, you will be able to review all positions you have applied to, and the status of those applications. You must complete an individual application for each job you are interested in. click Search Job Postings from menu at top left to review and apply for additional student positions.
- Questions?? Need help with your application?? Contact the UA Office of Student Employment at 205-348-4354 or by email at UArecruitment@fa.ua.edu.