Student Employment

Link to Twitter Page Link to Facebook Page Contact Us



2013 Student Employee of the Year


Luke Colburn

Congratulations to Luke Colburn, winner of the 2013 UA Student Employee of the Year Award..


UA Office of Student Employment
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm

UA Touching Lives Link to UA Home

Types of Student Jobs

What kind of Student Job are you looking for?


• I want to work On-Campus for the University. Test

On-Campus UA Employment is called Student Assistant Employment.  Student Assistant jobs are funded through UA departmental budgets, and eligibility is not based on financial need.  UA students are eligible to apply if enrolled in a degree-granting program at UA and are registered for at least 6 credit hours for the semester in which they would be working. For more information on how to apply, call the Office of Student Employment at 205-348-4354. To search current job postings, visit, then click 'Student Assistant'.


• I want to participate in a Work-Study Program.

The Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to your course of study. To be eligible, a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, and be accepted to receive work-study funding. Students are encouraged to apply early due to the limited nature of funding. For more information on how to apply, visit


• I want to work Off-Campus for a local business.

Non-University employment or Off-Campus Employment includes jobs that are available from local business that are not on the University campus.  An example of this would be local retail stores or restaurants in the Tuscaloosa area that are interested in hiring UA students.  To search selected off-campus job postings, visit, then click 'Student Assistant'.
Additional off-campus job opportunities are also posted at myBama. To view these, log into myBama at, select the 'Student' tab, then under the section titled 'Student Employment', click on 'Job Search'.


• I want to participate in a Graduate Assistantship.

As at other universities nationwide, Graduate Assistants at The University of Alabama function both as students and as professionals, enhancing their education by playing this important dual role. While studying to meet academic requirements for advanced degrees, Graduate Assistants also complement their formal studies through research, teaching, or administrative work under the supervision or tutelage of faculty or staff. In order to be awarded an Assistantship, graduate students must meet eligibility requirements and complete an application process. Additional information on Graduate Assistantships is available at: For information on how to apply for Graduate Assistantships, contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 205-348-6796.